Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. 3M ( MMM) pushed the Conglomerates sector higher today making it today's featured conglomerates winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, 3M rose $1.54 (1.2%) to $128.90 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,815,520 shares of 3M exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,082,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $127.10-$129.20 after having opened the day at $127.60 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $127.36. Other companies within the Conglomerates sector that increased today were: Platform Specialty Products ( PAH), up 6.2%, Icahn ( IEP), up 3.5%, Caterpillar ( CAT), up 2.0% and Dow Chemical ( DOW), up 1.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full 3M Ratings Report.
- Use our conglomerates section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.