Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Johnson Controls ( JCI) pushed the Automotive industry higher today making it today's featured automotive winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.6%. By the end of trading, Johnson Controls rose $1.11 (2.5%) to $45.74 on average volume. Throughout the day, 7,141,111 shares of Johnson Controls exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,823,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $44.50-$45.86 after having opened the day at $44.64 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $44.63. Other companies within the Automotive industry that increased today were: SORL Auto Parts ( SORL), up 8.9%, Motorcar Parts of America ( MPAA), up 8.3%, Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide ( QTWW), up 6.7% and Dana ( DAN), up 5.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Johnson Controls Ratings Report.
- Use our automotive section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.