- TS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $98.0 million.
- TS has traded 1.4 million shares today.
- TS is trading at 3.92 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- TS crossed above its 200-day simple moving average.
'Storm the Castle' stocks are worth watching because trading stocks that begin to experience a breakout can lead to potentially massive profits. Once psychological and technical resistance barriers like the 200-day moving average are breached on higher than normal relative volume, the stock is then free to find new buyers and momentum traders who can ultimately push the stock significantly higher. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize on. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TS: Tenaris S.A., through its subsidiaries, engages in the steel pipe manufacturing and distribution activities. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2%. TS has a PE ratio of 15.1. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Tenaris a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Tenaris has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Tenaris has a market cap of $25.6 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. Shares are down 1.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Tenaris as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- TS's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.10 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, TS has a quick ratio of 1.73, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 52.27% to $753.17 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, TENARIS SA has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -70.99%.
- 41.70% is the gross profit margin for TENARIS SA which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 12.42% trails the industry average.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- You can view the full Tenaris Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.