- ALU has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $65.0 million.
- ALU traded 1.9 million shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:46 AM, representing 13.7% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ALU with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ALU NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ALU: Alcatel Lucent Societe Anonyme provides Internet protocol (IP) and cloud networking, and ultra-broadband fixed and wireless access to service providers and their customers, enterprises, and institutions worldwide. It operates through three segments: Core Networking, Access, and Other. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 5.3%. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Alcatel-Lucent a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Alcatel-Lucent has been 12.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Alcatel-Lucent has a market cap of $8.7 billion and is part of the technology sector and telecommunications industry. Shares are down 6.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Alcatel-Lucent as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its generally high debt management risk and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 3.98 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Along with the unfavorable debt-to-equity ratio, ALU maintains a poor quick ratio of 0.92, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Communications Equipment industry and the overall market, ALCATEL-LUCENT's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- ALCATEL-LUCENT has improved earnings per share by 31.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ALCATEL-LUCENT swung to a loss, reporting -$1.45 versus $0.37 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.72 versus -$1.45).
- 36.96% is the gross profit margin for ALCATEL-LUCENT which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -6.30% is in-line with the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to -$150.95 million or 48.56% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 30.05%.
- You can view the full Alcatel-Lucent Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.