Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Host Hotels & Resorts ( HST) pushed the Real Estate industry lower today making it today's featured Real Estate laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, Host Hotels & Resorts fell $0.19 (-1.0%) to $18.05 on average volume. Throughout the day, 7,199,675 shares of Host Hotels & Resorts exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,836,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $17.94-$18.21 after having opened the day at $18.20 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $18.24. Other companies within the Real Estate industry that declined today were: Gaming and Leisure Properties ( GLPI), down 24.4%, Supertel Hospitality ( SPPR), down 5.9%, Vestin Realty Mortgage I ( VRTA), down 5.1% and CBL & Associates Properties ( CBL), down 5.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Host Hotels & Resorts Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.