Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Vertex Pharmaceuticals ( VRTX) pushed the Health Care sector lower today making it today's featured Health Care laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.8%. By the end of trading, Vertex Pharmaceuticals fell $1.74 (-2.2%) to $77.41 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,810,502 shares of Vertex Pharmaceuticals exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,724,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $75.89-$78.73 after having opened the day at $78.12 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $79.15. Other companies within the Health Care sector that declined today were: Conatus Pharmaceuticals ( CNAT), down 12.9%, Stemline Therapeutics ( STML), down 12.1%, Pacific Biosciences of California ( PACB), down 11.5% and PDL BioPharma ( PDLI), down 11.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Vertex Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.