Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation ( COG) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation fell $1.19 (-2.9%) to $40.42 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5,769,332 shares of Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,160,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $40.33-$41.78 after having opened the day at $41.73 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $41.61. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Bill Barrett Corporation ( BBG), down 16.9%, Lightbridge ( LTBR), down 9.4%, Gold Standard Ventures ( GSV), down 8.4% and Hercules Offshore ( HERO), down 7.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.