Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Tesla Motors ( TSLA) pushed the Automotive industry lower today making it today's featured Automotive laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Tesla Motors fell $4.31 (-2.4%) to $174.42 on light volume. Throughout the day, 7,228,513 shares of Tesla Motors exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 10,154,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $169.36-$180.59 after having opened the day at $178.30 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $178.73. Other companies within the Automotive industry that declined today were: Fuel Systems Solutions ( FSYS), down 6.3%, Motorcar Parts of America ( MPAA), down 4.0%, Gentherm ( THRM), down 3.3% and Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide ( QTWW), down 3.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Tesla Motors Ratings Report.
- Use our automotive section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.