Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Swift Transportation ( SWFT) pushed the Transportation industry higher today making it today's featured transportation winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.8%. By the end of trading, Swift Transportation rose $0.41 (2.0%) to $21.14 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,152,455 shares of Swift Transportation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,869,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $20.44-$21.24 after having opened the day at $20.54 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $20.73. Other companies within the Transportation industry that increased today were: Knightsbridge Tankers ( VLCCF), up 7.3%, Gol Intelligent Airlines ( GOL), up 5.0%, Ryanair Holdings ( RYAAY), up 4.8% and Baltic Trading ( BALT), up 3.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Swift Transportation Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.