Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Level 3 Communications ( LVLT) pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today making it today's featured telecommunications winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.8%. By the end of trading, Level 3 Communications rose $3.14 (10.0%) to $34.55 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 5,721,069 shares of Level 3 Communications exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,334,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $32.59-$34.90 after having opened the day at $32.64 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $31.41. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that increased today were: Ambient Corporation ( AMBT), up 10.1%, Sprint ( S), up 8.4%, T-Mobile US ( TMUS), up 5.4% and eOn Communications Corporation ( EONC), up 4.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Level 3 Communications Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.