Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Gap ( GPS) pushed the Services sector higher today making it today's featured services winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.7%. By the end of trading, Gap rose $0.44 (1.2%) to $38.28 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5,624,004 shares of Gap exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,987,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $37.19-$38.48 after having opened the day at $37.51 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $37.84. Other companies within the Services sector that increased today were: Myriad Genetics ( MYGN), up 15.1%, Furiex Pharmaceuticals ( FURX), up 7.4%, Knightsbridge Tankers ( VLCCF), up 7.3% and Birks Group ( BGI), up 6.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Gap Ratings Report.
- Use our services section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.