Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. TJX Companies ( TJX) pushed the Retail industry higher today making it today's featured retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, TJX Companies rose $1.76 (3.1%) to $57.79 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 7,644,760 shares of TJX Companies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,455,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $55.82-$57.94 after having opened the day at $55.97 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $56.03. Other companies within the Retail industry that increased today were: Stein Mart ( SMRT), up 5.0%, Walgreen Company ( WAG), up 3.4%, Tuesday Morning Corporation ( TUES), up 3.3% and Men's Wearhouse ( MW), up 3.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full TJX Companies Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.