Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Walt Disney ( DIS) pushed the Media industry higher today making it today's featured media winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Walt Disney rose $0.71 (1.0%) to $71.76 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 11,254,437 shares of Walt Disney exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,587,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $70.37-$72.05 after having opened the day at $72.05 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $71.05. Other companies within the Media industry that increased today were: Rentrak Corporation ( RENT), up 4.7%, Gray Television ( GTN), up 4.5%, Bona Film Group ( BONA), up 2.9% and Value Line ( VALU), up 2.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Walt Disney Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.