Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Medtronic ( MDT) pushed the Health Services industry higher today making it today's featured health services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Medtronic rose $1.13 (2.1%) to $54.73 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 9,432,700 shares of Medtronic exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,446,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $53.73-$54.96 after having opened the day at $53.92 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $53.60. Other companies within the Health Services industry that increased today were: Medical Action Industries ( MDCI), up 22.8%, Covance ( CVD), up 5.5%, Centene Corporation ( CNC), up 5.4% and Foundation Medicine ( FMI), up 4.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Medtronic Ratings Report.
- Use our health services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.