Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Aetna ( AET) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.8%. By the end of trading, Aetna rose $1.01 (1.5%) to $68.27 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,485,852 shares of Aetna exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,537,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $66.67-$68.74 after having opened the day at $67.09 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $67.26. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: Pernix Therapeutics Holdings ( PTX), up 68.9%, Medical Action Industries ( MDCI), up 22.8%, Pain Therapeutics ( PTIE), up 21.4% and Star Scientific ( STSI), up 20.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Aetna Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.