Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Genworth Financial ( GNW) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Genworth Financial rose $0.40 (2.8%) to $14.93 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 15,221,565 shares of Genworth Financial exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,352,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $14.62-$15.39 after having opened the day at $15.15 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $14.53. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: National Interstate Corporation ( NATL), up 30.9%, Desarrolladora Homex SAB de CV ADR ( HXM), up 9.8%, Credit Suisse ( DGAZ), up 8.0% and Carver Bancorp ( CARV), up 7.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Genworth Financial Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.