Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Corning ( GLW) pushed the Electronics industry higher today making it today's featured electronics winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.8%. By the end of trading, Corning rose $0.36 (2.1%) to $17.55 on average volume. Throughout the day, 13,899,039 shares of Corning exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 11,082,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $17.13-$17.65 after having opened the day at $17.17 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $17.19. Other companies within the Electronics industry that increased today were: Sevcon ( SEV), up 30.3%, Kimball International ( KBALB), up 13.6%, Nanometrics Incorporated ( NANO), up 7.0% and Wi-Lan ( WILN), up 6.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Corning Ratings Report.
- Use our electronics section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.