DETROIT, Feb. 5, 2014 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Compuware Corporation (Nasdaq:CPWR), the technology performance company delivering a new generation of application performance management (APM), today announced the new 2014 Compuware APM Benchmarks. The benchmarks are being enhanced and modernized so companies can better measure and compare the performance of their entire digital experience against industry competitors and peers across mobile, web, Last Mile and transactions. Mobile sites, and increasingly mobile apps, are now major revenue and brand contributors, making a competitive online shopping experience essential for organizations seeking to capture their share of the thriving e-commerce market. With online revenue, loyalty and brand image being dependent on how well critical business applications perform, organizations need to up-level their online performance across all digital touch points. Based on a rigorous and well-defined set of online transactions and home page measurements, Compuware APM Benchmarks competitively rank sites and provide the ability to analyze the performance best practices used by industry leaders and competitors. This information provides the justification for critical performance investments as to what it takes to become a top mobile and web property. Compuware APM Benchmarks have been enhanced to model the way today's users are accessing critical business systems based on the following three premises:
- Highlighting the Importance of Mobile: Compuware's industry leading mobile network provides the platform to measure and compare the mobile experience of all benchmark participants across 3G and 4G LTE networks.
- Ranking Participants Based on Their Entire Digital Experience: Compuware APM Benchmarks will be based on a ranking system that compares participants based upon the most diverse set of measurements in the industry, including the mobile portion as an equal partner of the digital experience.
- Reflect Today's Web User Experience: The Compuware Performance Network has been recently upgraded to add the Chrome browser to its Internet-testing repertoire. Now test sites with Chrome, Internet Explorer and Firefox to accurately measure the experience from browsers used in 85 percent of web browser usage.
- Methodology: All benchmarks will use a two-tier rank-of-ranks methodology to measure and compare leading industry participants across a diverse set of benchmark tests. The overall ranking is created by using the equally weighted ranks across four sub-rankings, which now consists of home page performance for mobile, web, Last Mile and transaction (for select industries).
- Chrome Testing: Home page and transaction Chrome browser testing is being included along with Firefox and Internet Explorer testing in the web sub-ranking group.
- Updated Participants: The benchmarks are based on third-party lists of top companies in each industry based on criteria, including revenue or unique visitors. Many of the benchmark industry participants will be updated in 2014, beginning with the U.S Retail Benchmark which was launched today. For details on the changes that are being made to specific benchmarks in the first quarter of 2014, click here.
Compuware APM is the leader in a new generation of application performance management. Unlike traditional APM solutions that are heavy, difficult and reactive, Compuware APM is light, smart and proactive. Compuware APM is built to manage the complexity of today's most challenging modern applications including mobile, cloud, big data and SOA. Compuware APM optimizes and monitors tens of thousands of applications for more than 5,000 customers, large and small, around the globe. Through the lens of end-user experience, our customers enjoy faster performance, proactive problem resolution, accelerated time-to-market and reduced application management costs through smarter analytics, advanced APM automation and a unique performance lifecycle foundation.To read more about Compuware's leadership in the APM market, click here. Follow Compuware APM on: http://www.compuware.com.
CONTACT: Press Contact Kayla Siefker, Senior Public Relations Manager, Compuware APM Business Unit email@example.com 313-227-1402 Jackie Lucas, Warner Communications 978-526-1960 Jackie@warnerpr.com For Sales and Marketing Information Compuware Corporation One Campus Martius Detroit, MI 48226 800-521-9353 http://www.compuware.com