Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Thermogenesis Corporation ( KOOL) as a "dead cat bounce" (down big yesterday but up big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Thermogenesis Corporation as such a stock due to the following factors:
- KOOL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $13.2 million.
- KOOL has traded 118,431 shares today.
- KOOL is up 4.2% today.
- KOOL was down 6.1% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in KOOL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for KOOL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on KOOL: ThermoGenesis Corp. designs, develops, and commercializes devices and disposable tools for the processing, storage, and administration of cell therapies. The average volume for Thermogenesis Corporation has been 1.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Thermogenesis has a market cap of $38.4 million and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. Shares are up 111.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Thermogenesis Corporation as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 331.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $1.00 million to -$2.30 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry and the overall market, THERMOGENESIS CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$1.38 million or 77.73% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- 42.45% is the gross profit margin for THERMOGENESIS CORP which we consider to be strong. Regardless of KOOL's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, KOOL's net profit margin of -63.09% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- THERMOGENESIS CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past 2 years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, THERMOGENESIS CORP continued to lose money by earning -$0.18 versus -$0.30 in the prior year.
- You can view the full Thermogenesis Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.