Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Ultimate Software Group ( ULTI) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Ultimate Software Group as such a stock due to the following factors:
- ULTI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $48.8 million.
- ULTI has traded 11,166 shares today.
- ULTI is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ULTI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ULTI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ULTI: The Ultimate Software Group, Inc. designs, develops, and markets human capital management via cloud technology to businesses across various industries. ULTI has a PE ratio of 212.0. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Ultimate Software Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Ultimate Software Group has been 149,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Ultimate Software Group has a market cap of $4.6 billion and is part of the technology sector and internet industry. The stock has a beta of 1.16 and a short float of 3.1% with 2.87 days to cover. Shares are up 2.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Ultimate Software Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 11.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 24.8%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- ULTIMATE SOFTWARE GROUP INC has improved earnings per share by 37.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, ULTIMATE SOFTWARE GROUP INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.51 versus $0.15 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.47 versus $0.51).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Software industry average. The net income increased by 35.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $4.66 million to $6.30 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 127.07% to $21.82 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, ULTIMATE SOFTWARE GROUP INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 0.67%.
- The gross profit margin for ULTIMATE SOFTWARE GROUP INC is rather high; currently it is at 62.82%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, ULTI's net profit margin of 6.11% significantly trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Ultimate Software Group Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.