- SHPG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $52.5 million.
- SHPG has traded 40,799 shares today.
- SHPG is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SHPG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SHPG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SHPG: Shire plc, a biopharmaceutical company, researches, develops, manufactures, sells, and distributes pharmaceutical products. It operates in three segments: Specialty Pharmaceuticals (SP), Human Genetic Therapies (HGT), and Regenerative Medicine (RM). The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.4%. SHPG has a PE ratio of 39.7. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Shire a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Shire has been 424,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Shire has a market cap of $27.4 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. Shares are up 3.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Shire as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 1.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- SHPG's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.26 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.03, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Pharmaceuticals industry average. The net income increased by 22.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $227.20 million to $278.20 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 50.38% to $433.70 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, SHIRE PLC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -25.84%.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 50.31% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Shire Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.