- Scripps' consumers have greater confidence in the economy’s continued improvement in 2014; they’re much more likely to make major purchases, with home furnishings topping the list.
- Scripps' consumers consider quality, performance and brand to be of greater importance when making housewares purchases, while price is less of a factor.
- Scripps' consumers are more inclined to buy housewares at home specialty or department stores (which likely come with a higher price tag), as well as online or via catalog, and are less likely to buy at discount stores.
- The majority of Scripps' consumers intend to conduct home improvement projects, much more likely than non-consumers.
- Home-improvement spending is up considerably, and on average, Scripps' consumers plan to spend nearly twice as much as non-consumers on home projects this year.
- Home-improvement television shows are the most popular information source for Scripps' consumers when planning projects around their homes.
About Scripps Networks InteractiveScripps Networks Interactive (NYSE: SNI) is one of the leading developers of engaging lifestyle content in the home, food and travel categories for television, the Internet and emerging platforms. The company's lifestyle media portfolio comprises popular television and Internet brands HGTV, DIY Network, Food Network, Cooking Channel, Travel Channel and Great American Country, which collectively reach more than 170 million consumers each month. Companion websites complement on-air programming with video and social media that inform and inspire. Scripps global networks reach millions of consumers across Asia, Europe, the Middle East and Africa. For more information, please visit scrippsnetworksinteractive.com.