Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Estee Lauder Cos ( EL) as a pre-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Estee Lauder Cos as such a stock due to the following factors:
- EL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $167.4 million.
- EL traded 17,477 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:46 AM.
- EL is up 2% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on EL: The Estee Lauder Companies Inc. manufactures, markets, and sells skin care, makeup, fragrance, and hair care products worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.2%. EL has a PE ratio of 26.6. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Estee Lauder Cos a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Estee Lauder Cos has been 1.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Estee Lauder Cos has a market cap of $16.4 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. Shares are down 9.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Estee Lauder Cos as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins, increase in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- EL's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 2.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.37, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.45, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The gross profit margin for LAUDER (ESTEE) COS INC is currently very high, coming in at 83.04%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 11.24% is above that of the industry average.
- LAUDER (ESTEE) COS INC reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, LAUDER (ESTEE) COS INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.58 versus $2.16 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.88 versus $2.58).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Personal Products industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 0.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $299.50 million to $300.70 million.
- You can view the full Estee Lauder Cos Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.