Trane, a leading global provider of home comfort solutions and services and a brand of Ingersoll Rand (NYSE:IR), announced today a strategic partnership with St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital ® as a national sponsor of the 2014 St. Jude Dream Home Giveaway. Through the partnership, Trane will donate heating and cooling products for nearly 30 custom-built homes that will be given away throughout the year through local raffle drawings. The funds raised will help support the hospital’s lifesaving mission of finding cures and saving lives of kids battling cancer and other deadly diseases. The St. Jude Dream Home Giveaway is one of the largest single-event fundraising efforts for St. Jude, which is leading the way the world understands, treats and defeats childhood cancer and other deadly diseases. Each year, approximately 30 St. Jude Dream Homes, valued between $300,000 and $600,000, are built in cities across the country in partnership with local home builders and businesses using mostly donated materials, supplies and labor. When complete, the homes are opened to the public for tours and given away through the sale of $100 raffle tickets. Established more than two decades ago, the St. Jude Dream Home Giveaway program has built and given away more than 340 homes and raised more than $270 million for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. “For more than 100 years, Trane has been known for its reliability in providing home comfort to families with our heating and cooling products,” said Scott Martin, vice president of marketing for Trane. “We are thrilled to partner with St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital and provide reliable comfort for those families who win a St. Jude Dream Home, and ultimately support St. Jude in providing families with some level of comfort, knowing that they will never receive a bill from St. Jude for anything.”
St. Jude Dream Home Giveaway in 30 U.S. CitiesIn 2014 the St. Jude Dream Home Giveaway will be held in the following cities:
- April: Biloxi, Miss.; Peoria, Ill.; Warner Robins, Ga.; and Monroe, La.
- May: Hampton Roads, Va.; Santa Maria, Calif.; and Colorado Springs, Colo.
- June: Lafayette, La.; Bakersfield, Calif.; Baton Rouge, La.; Boise, Idaho; Cincinnati; Cleveland; Chattanooga, Tenn.; Memphis, Tenn.; Nashville, Tenn.; New Orleans; Springfield, Mo.; and Tulsa, Okla.
- August: Shreveport, La.; and Paducah, Ky.
- September: Bowling Green, Ky.; Jackson, Miss.; St. Louis, Mo.; and Charleston, W.V.
- October: Kansas City, Mo.; and Charlotte, N.C.
- November: Fresno, Calif.; and Denver, Colo.