Splunk Inc. (NASDAQ: SPLK), provider of the leading software platform for real-time operational intelligence, today announced version 2.0 of the Splunk® App for NetApp Data ONTAP, which provides comprehensive visibility into the operational health of NetApp Data ONTAP storage systems. The app correlates NetApp data with all other IT data in Splunk Enterprise for a central real-time view of key performance indicators across the entire IT infrastructure. Learn more about the Splunk App for NetApp Data ONTAP on the Splunk website and download the App today for free from the Splunk Apps website. “The Splunk App for NetApp Data ONTAP provides an essential building block in data center infrastructure monitoring,” said Leena Joshi, senior director of solutions marketing, Splunk. “The app provides the ability to gain operational analytics relevant to NetApp data, such as those required for resource or capacity optimization and also enables end-to-end visibility and correlation across multiple technology layers with Splunk Enterprise.” “NetApp Data ONTAP software delivers a unified storage platform for scalability and flexibility and features clustering capabilities to keep our customers’ business running nonstop,” said Glenn Rhodes, senior director, product marketing Data ONTAP, NetApp. “Splunk software complements existing NetApp OnCommand products and helps them correlate their storage infrastructure data with other technology tiers for reduced time to resolution and advanced analytics such as security intelligence and alert monitoring.” Organizations Gain Comprehensive Operational Visibility The Splunk App for NetApp Data ONTAP enables organizations to reduce problem investigation and resolution times, optimize storage resources and meet critical applications and storage SLAs through proactive monitoring of NetApp Data ONTAP systems. In addition, Splunk Enterprise enables organizations to correlate storage data with data from all other physical and virtual technology tiers. “The Splunk App for NetApp Data ONTAP delivers cluster-mode performance metrics monitoring that Mentor Graphics has not been able to achieve previously,” said Lee Melvin, technical architect, Mentor Graphics. “The app provides useful insights into our NetApp environment. The real value for us is all the NetApp logs, configuration data and performance metrics the app exposes to Splunk software. We are creating customized reports and dashboards for operations, management and engineering much more easily than anything we could develop in-house.”
With the Splunk App for NetApp Data ONTAP, organizations can:
- Visualize the operational health of NetApp Data ONTAP systems in both 7-Mode and Cluster-Mode with visibility to storage controllers, clusters, disk aggregates, volumes, logical unit numbers (LUNs) and qtrees.
- Get real-time notification of important NetApp Data ONTAP events such as syslog and performance metrics for easy identification of anomalies across all storage systems.
- Improve storage monitoring efficiency and proactively plan storage capacity allocation by customizing any of the built-in 30 reports.
- Correlate data from NetApp Data ONTAP systems with data from applications, network, virtual and physical compute and OS infrastructure for enterprise-wide visibility with Splunk Enterprise.
- Gain the ability to easily correlate data from Data ONTAP storage environment with Splunk App for VMware storage constructs.