Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. NextEra Energy ( NEE) pushed the Utilities sector lower today making it today's featured Utilities laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, NextEra Energy fell $1.09 (-1.2%) to $90.13 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,099,387 shares of NextEra Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,116,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $89.80-$91.48 after having opened the day at $91.48 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $91.22. Other companies within the Utilities sector that declined today were: Cadiz ( CDZI), down 2.4%, Consolidated Water Company ( CWCO), down 2.3%, Atlantic Power Corporation ( AT), down 2.1% and Dominion Resources ( D), down 1.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full NextEra Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.