Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Lowe's Companies ( LOW) pushed the Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Retail laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, Lowe's Companies fell $0.70 (-1.5%) to $44.90 on average volume. Throughout the day, 8,358,949 shares of Lowe's Companies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,859,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $44.78-$45.73 after having opened the day at $45.55 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $45.60. Other companies within the Retail industry that declined today were: J.C. Penney ( JCP), down 10.6%, Gordman's Stores ( GMAN), down 7.7%, Overstock.com ( OSTK), down 6.7% and U.S. Auto Parts Network ( PRTS), down 6.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Lowe's Companies Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.