Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. MBIA ( MBI) pushed the Financial sector lower today making it today's featured Financial laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, MBIA fell $0.19 (-1.7%) to $11.06 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,998,503 shares of MBIA exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,478,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $10.86-$11.46 after having opened the day at $11.31 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $11.25. Other companies within the Financial sector that declined today were: Credit Suisse ( DGAZ), down 24.8%, Gaming and Leisure Properties ( GLPI), down 24.4%, Siebert Financial Corporation ( SIEB), down 20.5% and Direxion Daily Natural Gas Related Bear 3X ( GASX), down 8.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full MBIA Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.