Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Suncor Energy ( SU) pushed the Energy industry lower today making it today's featured Energy laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Suncor Energy fell $0.42 (-1.3%) to $31.65 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 7,687,510 shares of Suncor Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,756,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $31.30-$31.90 after having opened the day at $31.71 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $32.07. Other companies within the Energy industry that declined today were: Rocket Fuel ( FUEL), down 6.6%, Global Geophysical Services ( GGS), down 6.1%, Recon Technology ( RCON), down 5.8% and PrimeEnergy ( PNRG), down 5.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Suncor Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.