Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Energy Transfer Equity ( ETE) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Energy Transfer Equity fell $0.62 (-1.5%) to $40.57 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,801,201 shares of Energy Transfer Equity exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,774,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $39.79-$41.42 after having opened the day at $41.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $41.19. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: James River Coal Company ( JRCC), down 28.0%, Quaterra Resources ( QMM), down 13.8%, China Gengsheng Minerals ( CHGS), down 11.4% and Timberline Resources Corporation ( TLR), down 8.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Energy Transfer Equity Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.