Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. EQT ( EQT) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, EQT rose $3.50 (3.8%) to $95.63 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2,506,925 shares of EQT exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,399,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $92.64-$96.49 after having opened the day at $92.80 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $92.13. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: GreenHunter Resources ( GRH), up 5.5%, ONEOK ( OKE), up 4.8%, MDU Resources Group ( MDU), up 3.2% and Cosan ( CZZ), up 3.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full EQT Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.