Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. CSX ( CSX) pushed the Transportation industry higher today making it today's featured transportation winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, CSX rose $0.33 (1.3%) to $26.35 on average volume. Throughout the day, 8,673,772 shares of CSX exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,062,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $26.00-$26.54 after having opened the day at $26.08 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $26.02. Other companies within the Transportation industry that increased today were: Seanergy Maritime Holdings ( SHIP), up 7.0%, Paragon Shipping ( PRGN), up 5.6%, P.A.M. Transportation ( PTSI), up 5.5% and China Metro-Rural Holdings ( CNR), up 5.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full CSX Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.