Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Alcatel-Lucent ( ALU) pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today making it today's featured telecommunications winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Alcatel-Lucent rose $0.30 (7.9%) to $4.11 on average volume. Throughout the day, 16,265,892 shares of Alcatel-Lucent exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 13,759,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $3.93-$4.13 after having opened the day at $3.95 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $3.81. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that increased today were: Alvarion ( ALVR), up 17.5%, NII Holdings ( NIHD), up 11.5%, Internet Gold Golden Lines ( IGLD), up 8.3% and InfoSonics Corporation ( IFON), up 7.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Alcatel-Lucent Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.