Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Sothebys ( BID) pushed the Specialty Retail industry higher today making it today's featured specialty retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.0%. By the end of trading, Sothebys rose $1.28 (2.8%) to $47.51 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3,211,053 shares of Sothebys exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,095,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $46.26-$48.20 after having opened the day at $46.55 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $46.23. Other companies within the Specialty Retail industry that increased today were: Michael Kors Holdings ( KORS), up 17.3%, Asbury Automotive Group ( ABG), up 8.1%, Charles & Colvard ( CTHR), up 6.7% and DGSE Companies ( DGSE), up 5.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Sothebys Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.