Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Directv ( DTV) pushed the Services sector higher today making it today's featured services winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Directv rose $0.70 (1.0%) to $68.81 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2,777,137 shares of Directv exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,775,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $67.81-$69.11 after having opened the day at $68.65 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $68.11. Other companies within the Services sector that increased today were: Furiex Pharmaceuticals ( FURX), up 129.9%, General Employment ( JOB), up 36.6%, Lionbridge Technologies ( LIOX), up 29.4% and Michael Kors Holdings ( KORS), up 17.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Directv Ratings Report.
- Use our services section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.