Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Public Storage ( PSA) pushed the Real Estate industry higher today making it today's featured real estate winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Public Storage rose $2.71 (1.7%) to $158.57 on average volume. Throughout the day, 972,057 shares of Public Storage exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 706,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $155.61-$158.81 after having opened the day at $156.63 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $155.86. Other companies within the Real Estate industry that increased today were: ZipRealty ( ZIPR), up 9.8%, Desarrolladora Homex SAB de CV ADR ( HXM), up 8.7%, Supertel Hospitality ( SPPR), up 4.3% and Walker & Dunlop ( WD), up 3.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Public Storage Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.