Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. CBS Corporation ( CBS) pushed the Media industry higher today making it today's featured media winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, CBS Corporation rose $1.56 (2.8%) to $57.87 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 8,208,047 shares of CBS Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,562,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $56.47-$58.16 after having opened the day at $56.73 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $56.31. Other companies within the Media industry that increased today were: Dex Media ( DXM), up 6.2%, Inuvo ( INUV), up 6.1%, NTN Buzztime ( NTN), up 4.8% and DISH Network ( DISH), up 3.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full CBS Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.