Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Cummins ( CMI) pushed the Industrial Goods sector higher today making it today's featured industrial goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Cummins rose $2.70 (2.2%) to $126.40 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2,488,975 shares of Cummins exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,296,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $122.64-$126.70 after having opened the day at $123.75 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $123.70. Other companies within the Industrial Goods sector that increased today were: Headwaters ( HW), up 20.2%, CVD Equipment Corporation ( CVV), up 13.5%, Xylem ( XYL), up 10.6% and Desarrolladora Homex SAB de CV ADR ( HXM), up 8.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Cummins Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.