Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Sony Corporation ( SNE) pushed the Consumer Durables industry higher today making it today's featured consumer durables winner. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Sony Corporation rose $0.85 (5.6%) to $16.10 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 7,937,064 shares of Sony Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,933,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $15.28-$16.34 after having opened the day at $15.28 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $15.25. Other companies within the Consumer Durables industry that increased today were: Sensata Technologies Holding N.V ( ST), up 7.4%, Gaming Partners International Corporation ( GPIC), up 6.3%, Fossil Group ( FOSL), up 6.1% and Helen of Troy ( HELE), up 5.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Sony Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.