Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Baker Hughes ( BHI) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Baker Hughes rose $0.85 (1.5%) to $57.05 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,869,146 shares of Baker Hughes exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,349,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $56.20-$57.15 after having opened the day at $56.46 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $56.20. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Clayton Williams Energy ( CWEI), up 11.5%, FX Energy ( FXEN), up 8.7%, Alexco Resource ( AXU), up 8.1% and Lake Shore Gold ( LSG), up 8.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Baker Hughes Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.