Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. JPMorgan Chase ( JPM) pushed the Banking industry higher today making it today's featured banking winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, JPMorgan Chase rose $0.63 (1.2%) to $54.94 on average volume. Throughout the day, 18,483,723 shares of JPMorgan Chase exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 17,974,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $54.60-$55.35 after having opened the day at $54.72 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $54.31. Other companies within the Banking industry that increased today were: Credit Suisse ( UGAZ), up 21.6%, QC Holdings ( QCCO), up 19.8%, Middleburg Financial ( MBRG), up 9.0% and Itau Unibanco ( ITUB), up 7.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full JPMorgan Chase Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.