Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. TransDigm Group ( TDG) pushed the Aerospace/Defense industry higher today making it today's featured aerospace/defense winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, TransDigm Group rose $6.92 (4.2%) to $171.92 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1,658,963 shares of TransDigm Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 381,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $166.30-$175.76 after having opened the day at $173.42 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $165.00. Other companies within the Aerospace/Defense industry that increased today were: AerCap Holdings N.V ( AER), up 5.6%, Acorn Energy ( ACFN), up 4.3%, Sifco Industries ( SIF), up 4.2% and Erickson Air-Crane ( EAC), up 3.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full TransDigm Group Ratings Report.
- Use our aerospace/defense section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.