- SU has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $116.9 million.
- SU is down 2.1% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SU with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SU NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SU: Suncor Energy Inc., together with its subsidiaries, operates as an integrated energy company. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.3%. SU has a PE ratio of 17.3. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Suncor Energy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Suncor Energy has been 3.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Suncor Energy has a market cap of $48.5 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. Shares are down 8.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Suncor Energy as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels, increase in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- SU's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 1.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- SU's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.27 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.04, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 9.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $1,544.00 million to $1,694.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $2,520.00 million or 5.52% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -44.35%.
- You can view the full Suncor Energy Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.