Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Buckeye Partners L.P ( BPL) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Buckeye Partners L.P as such a stock due to the following factors:
- BPL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $18.2 million.
- BPL has traded 200 shares today.
- BPL is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BPL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BPL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BPL: Buckeye Partners, L.P. owns and operates refined petroleum products pipeline systems in the United States. Its Pipelines & Terminals segment transports refined petroleum products; and provides bulk storage and terminal throughput services in the continental United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 5.9%. BPL has a PE ratio of 27.3. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Buckeye Partners L.P a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Buckeye Partners L.P has been 328,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Buckeye Partners L.P has a market cap of $8.3 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 0.63 and a short float of 1.1% with 4.45 days to cover. Shares are up 2.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Buckeye Partners L.P as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 1.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, BPL's share price has jumped by 38.79%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- BUCKEYE PARTNERS LP's earnings per share declined by 17.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BUCKEYE PARTNERS LP increased its bottom line by earning $2.31 versus $1.25 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.19 versus $2.31).
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income has decreased by 9.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $85.12 million to $77.25 million.
- The gross profit margin for BUCKEYE PARTNERS LP is rather low; currently it is at 15.46%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the weak results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 7.09% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Buckeye Partners L.P Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.