Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Boston Scientific ( BSX) as a pre-market laggard candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Boston Scientific as such a stock due to the following factors:
- BSX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $157.6 million.
- BSX traded 81,392 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:59 AM.
- BSX is down 2.4% today from Friday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BSX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BSX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BSX: Boston Scientific Corporation develops, manufactures, and markets medical devices used in various interventional medical specialties worldwide. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Boston Scientific a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 13 rate it a hold. The average volume for Boston Scientific has been 10.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Boston Scientific has a market cap of $18.1 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.35 and a short float of 1.8% with 2.07 days to cover. Shares are up 12.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Boston Scientific as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that we feel that the company's cash flow from its operations has been weak overall. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 24.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 100.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 85.49% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- BOSTON SCIENTIFIC CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BOSTON SCIENTIFIC CORP swung to a loss, reporting -$2.87 versus $0.29 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.45 versus -$2.87).
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry and the overall market, BOSTON SCIENTIFIC CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has declined marginally to $250.00 million or 8.08% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow BOSTON SCIENTIFIC CORP is still fairing well by exceeding its industry average cash flow growth rate of -36.34%.
- You can view the full Boston Scientific Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.