- SUNE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $112.2 million.
- SUNE is down 2.8% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SUNE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SUNE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SUNE: SunEdison, Inc. develops, manufactures, and sells silicon wafers. The company is also involved in developing and selling photovoltaic energy solutions. It operates in two segments, Semiconductor Materials and Solar Energy. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate SunEdison a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for SunEdison has been 10.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. SunEdison has a market cap of $3.8 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 3.44 and a short float of 21.3% with 5.22 days to cover. Shares are up 6.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates SunEdison as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, generally higher debt management risk and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- SUNE's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 4.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, SUNE's share price has jumped by 251.99%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- SUNEDISON INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SUNEDISON INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.65 versus -$6.66 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.15 versus -$0.65).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 405.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $36.10 million to -$110.40 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 6.40 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company. Along with the unfavorable debt-to-equity ratio, SUNE maintains a poor quick ratio of 0.71, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- You can view the full SunEdison Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.