Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Dominion Resources ( D) pushed the Utilities sector lower today making it today's featured Utilities laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.5%. By the end of trading, Dominion Resources fell $0.79 (-1.2%) to $67.12 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,089,586 shares of Dominion Resources exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,613,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $66.92-$68.86 after having opened the day at $67.96 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $67.91. Other companies within the Utilities sector that declined today were: Atlantic Power Corporation ( AT), down 8.3%, Cosan ( CZZ), down 5.4%, Companhia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado De ( SBS), down 5.2% and U.S. Geothermal ( HTM), down 4.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Dominion Resources Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.