Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Altria Group ( MO) pushed the Tobacco industry lower today making it today's featured Tobacco laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 3.0%. By the end of trading, Altria Group fell $1.11 (-3.1%) to $34.11 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 15,959,184 shares of Altria Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8,241,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $34.08-$35.18 after having opened the day at $35.17 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $35.22. Other companies within the Tobacco industry that declined today were: Alliance One International ( AOI), down 5.5%, Philip Morris International ( PM), down 3.5% and Reynolds American ( RAI), down 3.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Altria Group Ratings Report.
- Use our tobacco section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.