Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Verizon Communications ( VZ) pushed the Technology sector lower today making it today's featured Technology laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 2.8%. By the end of trading, Verizon Communications fell $1.61 (-3.4%) to $46.41 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 35,538,683 shares of Verizon Communications exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 12,817,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $46.22-$48.02 after having opened the day at $47.26 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $48.02. Other companies within the Technology sector that declined today were: Net Element ( NETE), down 11.6%, Alvarion ( ALVR), down 11.1%, Mam Software Group ( MAMS), down 10.3% and Wireless Telecom Group ( WTT), down 10.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Verizon Communications Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.