Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Travelers Companies ( TRV) pushed the Financial sector lower today making it today's featured Financial laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.4%. By the end of trading, Travelers Companies fell $1.02 (-1.2%) to $80.26 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3,627,010 shares of Travelers Companies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,156,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $80.05-$81.28 after having opened the day at $81.20 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $81.28. Other companies within the Financial sector that declined today were: Gaming and Leisure Properties ( GLPI), down 25.6%, QC Holdings ( QCCO), down 12.5%, Federal Agricultural Mortgage ( AGM.A), down 12.2% and ProShares UltraPro MidCap400 ( UMDD), down 10.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Travelers Companies Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.